- On May 4th, Israeli troops launch another attack on Gaza, killing two Palestinians and also surround Yasser Arafat’s compound.
- On May 3rd, Israeli forces tighten the siege on Nablus, after killing four Palestinians.
- Ariel Sharon claims he will make another “disengagement plan” for Gaza, and Washington reaffirms its support.
- Former inmates of the Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad still cannot not talk about the torture and humiliation they suffered at the hands of U.S. troops.
- York University expels a pro-Palestinian Jewish-Canadian student activist for three years for taking part in “unauthorized” protests and using a bullhorn.
An interview with Keith Reynolds, a Canadian humanitarian worker from Whistler, who recently returned from Palestine. Keith attended the Sabeel Conference in Jerusalem, entitled “Challenging Christian Zionism”. The conference drew over 600 scholars, peace activists and religious leaders who examined the extreme ideological positions of Christian Zionism that are detrimental to a just peace in the Middle East. Keith also talked about the difficult daily lives of Palestinians under occupation, especially in Jenin.
Focus on Zionism:
A report about the struggle of Deir Qaddis, near Ramallah, against the separation wall and its continuing efforts to survive as a community in its new conditions of isolation.