- Israeli troops take over part of northern Gaza Strip today; preparing for “a prolonged operation” according to Israeli officials.
- Israeli incursion into civilian areas follows attack by Palestinian resistance on Israeli military base June 28th, in which at least one Israeli soldier was killed.
- Two Palestinians shot dead in Gaza on June 28th, one of them a 13-year-old boy.
- Armed settlers attacked Palestinian farmers in Hebron on June 27th.
- On June 27th, tens of thousands of mourners in Nablus attend the funeral for seven Palestinians killed during an Israeli siege on the city.
- The mayor of Beit Foreek arrested and held at the Ariel settlement, as he returned from the funeral in Nablus.
A live interview with Sid Shniad from Stopwar.ca about the recent sham U.S. “handover of power” in Iraq, conducted in secret two days in advance to the announced date. He talked about the development of the Iraqi resistance over the last year, and also about an event Stopwar.ca was holding on June 30th to mark the charade of Iraqi sovereignty. Sid is also a member of the Trade Union Committee for Justice in the Middle East, and he detailed what the group had been doing, including a recent educational workshop, and what they stood for.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a June 28th report about activities of Physicians for Human Rights – Israel, that aim to raise awareness about the systematic torture of Palestinian political prisoners by Israeli security forces.