- Aug. 10th – Israeli soldiers bulldoze heritage buildings in Hebron to construct settler road.
- Aug. 8th – elderly Palestinian man dies at Rafah border crossing.
- Aug. 8th – Israel authorizes construction of hundreds of new homes in West Bank settlements; Peace Now says Israeli government “acting like thieves in the night”.
- Aug. 8th – former Israeli Mossad director says the Israeli military has lost its military ethics and is “soulless and merciless”.
- Aug. 5th – Israeli troops kill 10-year-old Palestinian boy during raid on northern Gaza.
- Israeli human rights group, Btselem, says Israeli policies on closing roads to Palestinians in the West Bank are “a racist directive”; release report detailing the “reign of forbidden roads”.
An interview with Laith Marouf from Concordia University and a member of Solidarity with Palestinian Human Rights, student activist group. Laith talked about his experiences at Concordia and how the administration had attempted unsuccessfully to expel him three times for his activist work. Laith also does a radio show on the campus station entitled “Under the Olive Tree”. Laith is traveling to B.C. to do a documentary on the native struggle at Sun Peaks and spoke movingly of the bonds between the Palestinian people and the First Nations people.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of an Aug. 4th press release from Addameer, the Palestinian prisoner rights group, about the arrest and administrative detention of their chairman.