- Sept 13th – hundreds of Palestinian children and their parents demonstrate in East Jerusalem about the implications of the apartheid wall on their education; students and teachers are separated from their schools, especially in A-Ram.
- Sept. 13th – assassination strike by Israeli forces kills 3 Palestinians in Jenin and wounds passers-by.
- Sept. 13th – Israel shuts down voter registration offices in East Jerusalem.
- Sept. 12th – U.S. forces kill at least 10 Iraqi civilians after firing missiles at a crowd in Baghdad, Palestinian TV journalist also killed and two other journalists wounded.
- Sept. 11th – Israel completely seals off the West Bank and Gaza.
- German groups plan demos all across the country Sept 25th for global day of action on 4th anniversary of intifada, Vancouver also has a rally on Sept. 26th.
- Israeli forces withdraw from northern Gaza after yet another invasion, which killed 1 civilian and left enormous damage; water pipes and sewage system also destroyed.
An interview with Prof. Mazin Qumsiyeh from Yale University, cofounder of
AlAwda in North America, about the failure of the Oslo Accords and his new book. Sept. 13th, 2004 marked the 11th anniversary of the signing of the Oslo agreement on the White House lawn and Mazin detailed the reasons Oslo did not bring lasting peace to the region, a main one being its disregard of Palestinian human rights. Mazin also talked about his recently published book, Sharing the Land of Canaan: Human Rights and the Israeli-Palestinian Struggle, which advocates a one-state solution that rejects apartheid (to order his book, go to his website: www.qumsiyeh.org)
Focus on Zionism:
Excerpts of a Sept. 12th, 2004 story on AlJazeera.net about the new right-wing party just created in Israel, whose founders say they are dedicated to the expulsion of non-Jews from Israel.