- Dec. 11th – 7 year old Palestinian girl killed by Israeli fire as she was
eating lunch with her family.
- Palestinian resistance blows up Israeli military post, killing 5 soldiers.
- Dec. 12th – Marwan Bargouthi, the West Bank Fateh leader jailed by Israel,
pulls out of January 9th Palestinian elections; wants to reinforce
- Dec. 13th – leading presidential candidate Mahmoud Abbas calls on Palestinians
to drop armed struggle.
- Dec. 10th – Israeli forces harass and detain a Palestinian candidate at a
checkpoint near Jerusalem.
- Dec. 8th – another candidate Dr. Mustafa Bargouthi also beaten and briefly
detained near Jenin; says, “This is deliberate sabotage against the
A live interview with Sid Shniad, a member of the Trade Union Committee for
Justice in the Middle East, TUCJME. Sid talked about the recent resolution
passed at the B.C. Federation of Labour convention, which called on the
Canadian government to help dismantle the separation wall Israeli is
building in the West Bank. TUCJME had played an important role in getting
the resolution onto the floor at the convention. Sid also talked about the
increasingly supportive attitudes towards the Palestinian struggle in many
sectors of Canadian society and then updated listeners on Stopwar’s
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a commentary written by a Palestinian American activist on the
International Day of Human Rights. The author, Haithem el-Zabri, focused on
the forgotten children of Palestine, and the daily abuse of their most basic
rights by the Israeli occupation.