- 40 Israeli activists injured in an anti-wall protest in Budrus.
- Nov. 30th – Palestinian female political prisoners go on hunger strike due to maltreatment.
- PLO chairperson Mahmud Abbas and jailed Fateh leader Marwan Bargouthi in close race for Palestinian presidential elections, according to polls
released Dec. 6th.
- Egypt claims there is understanding on a new peace deal in the Middle East, and Egypt may soon return their ambassador to Israel.
- Association for Civil Rights in Israel accuses Israeli government of
systematically violating the rights of non-Jews in Israel; says most
persecuted group is Palestinians.
- Dec. 3th – B.C. Federation of Labour passes resolution calling on Canadian government to help dismantle Israeli separation wall.
A live interview with Tom, an ISM volunteer from Vancouver, who recently
returned from a solidarity tour of the West Bank. Tom spoke about his
experiences in the occupied Palestine, what he saw at checkpoints, and the
effects of the apartheid wall. He also talked about what international
volunteers do in the refugee camps to try and help the civilian Palestinian
population, especially when the Israeli army launches incursions into the
overcrowded camps. Tom finished by emphasizing the importance of getting
the word out regarding the situation of the Palestinians.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a Dec. 6th Btselem report about the Dec. 3rd execution of an
injured and unarmed Palestinian by Israeli soldiers. Btselem, an Israeli
human rights group, had investigated the incident and was calling for an
immediate inquiry by Israeli authorities.