- For the third day running, villagers near Ramallah protest the construction of the apartheid wall on their land; blueprints for a new Israeli settlement in the area are affecting the route of the barrier.
- Israeli cabinet approves removal of Jewish settlers from Gaza; however, at the same time, they also approve final route of the separation wall in the West Bank.
- Feb. 21st – emotional reunions with released prisoners in the West Bank; however, many have mixed feelings and insist all 7600 Palestinian political prisoners must be released.
- World Council of Churches central committee encourages members to consider divestment from companies supporting Israeli occupation as a way to work for peace.
- Israeli foreign ministry claims that 10 Arab countries will establish full relations with Israel following withdrawal from Gaza.
An interview with Pat O’Connor, an American peace activist, who recently
returned to the U.S. after being deported from Israel. Pat spoke about his
involvement with the International Solidarity Movement and his support work
in Palestine, especially around the issue of the apartheid wall. He also
detailed his arrest by Israeli authorities and his eventual deportation, all
for participating in non-violent activities.
Focus on Zionism:
Excerpts of a report in the Israeli newspaper Haaretz on Feb. 21st, 2005 about the deliberate contamination and destruction of a Palestinian village’s water supply.