- 8 Palestinians have been killed in 2 days, as Israel intensifies its air and ground attacks.
- May 25th – Palestinian groups start talks as Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas announces he will call referendum on national unity proposal.
- Israel threatens four Palestinian legislators that they must renounce Hamas membership or lose their residency rights in Jerusalem.
- May 29th – the largest lecturer’s union in Britain voted in favour of boycotting Israeli academics and institutions that do not oppose occupation.
- Israeli ombudsman issues annual report, including one incident where Israeli troops did night-time military exercises involving a “mock raid” on an Israeli Palestinian’s home in the Galilee without even notifying the family in advance.
A live interview with Ali Mallah, from Canadian Union of Public Employees CUPE – Ontario, about the resolution on Palestine just passed at their convention. The resolution supported the campaign of boycott and divestment against Israel until it recognizes the Palestinian people’s right to self-determination and complies with international law. CUPE also committed to developing education programs. Ali explained how the vote on the resolution had been unanimous and also expressed how proud he was of the union for its courageous stand. He concluded by stating that the attacks on the union by right wing and pro-Israeli lobbyists had already begun and called on the Arab Canadian community to show their support.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a May 30th dispatch from the International Womens Peace Service about an Israeli raid and home demolitions in the Palestinian village of Brukin.
Here is an audio file of this show: