- Israel announces expansion of 4 West Bank settlements; Peace Now labels it “an attempt to steal more Palestinian land”.
- Thousands of mourners attend funeral for 4 Palestinians, including two women and a 4-year-old child, killed in an Israeli air strike.
- EU announces plan to provide aid to Palestinians, but stresses it requires assurances that lending institutions will not be threatened with U.S. sanctions.
- Israeli PM Olmert goes to Washington for meetings with George Bush and other U.S. officials.
- Britain looks into possible war crimes charges against Israeli soldiers that murdered two British citizens in Gaza in 2003.
A live interview with Harjeep, a member of the Status Coalition in Vancouver, that is part of the National Day of Action for Immigrant Rights on May 27th. The newly formed Status comprises many local immigrant groups and is organizing a march in Vancouver. Harjeep talked about the repression against many immigrants in Canada, especially after 9/11. There was also discussion of the plight of Palestinian refugees in Canada, who are in a particularly vulnerable situation.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a May 17th eyewitness report from the International Solidarity Movement about the targeting and harassment of medical workers in Nablus by the Israeli army.
Here is an audio file of this show: