- Israeli forces kill a 64-year-old Palestinian in Jenin and target journalists in Gaza.
- Aug. 28th – Israel assassinates a Palestinian activist in Ramallah using undercover troops.
- Israeli government document indicates Israel is planning to legalize “unauthorized outposts” in the West Bank.
- UN World Food Program warns Gaza is facing a rapidly escalating humanitarian crisis.
- Cluster bombs left by Israel in south Lebanon continue to kill and maim children.
- Italy will send 2500 troops as part of the UN force in south Lebanon.
A live interview with Barrie Zwicker, an author, investigative journalist and long-time media critic visiting Vancouver. Barrie is on a cross-Canada tour to talk about his new book, which questions the prevailing theories about 9/11 and the accompanying media cover-up. Barrie detailed his analysis that 9/11 was not the work of al Qaeda, and also spoke at length about how the U.S. military and arms industry had benefited since that time. There was also discussion about media coverage of Israel’s invasion of Lebanon and how the North American media had failed to deliver accurate coverage.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of an Aug. 29th, 2006 Reuters report about how the Israeli siege on Gaza is destroying the medical system there, including in the hospitals.