- Oct. 27th – 3 more Palestinians killed in West Bank, as part of Israel’s ongoing offensive
Israel says it will expand its military operations in Gaza.
- Israel finally releases Palestinian cameraman arrested and beaten 3 weeks ago.
- Israeli Labour Cabinet Minister resigns in protest at the inclusion of extremist right-wing party in the Israeli government; says Yisrael Biteinu and its leader Avigdor Lieberman are tainted “by racist declarations”.
- Israeli warplanes carry out mock air raids at low altitude over Lebanon, in violation of the UN ceasefire resolution 1701.
- Oct. 30th – Palestinians mark 50 years since the Kfar Kassem massacre, where 49 farmers were killed by Israeli Border Guard officers; an official memorial museum is opened.
A live interview with Stephen Aberle, from the Vancouver group Jews for a Just Peace, who is currently on a trip to Palestine/Israel. Stephen explained he had gone as part of a tour organized by the Israeli Committee against Home Demolitions. He spoke about his experiences in Bethlehem and Hebron, as well as being part of the olive harvest with Rabbis for Human Rights. Stephen also criticized the recent inclusion of Avigdor Lieberman in the Israeli cabinet.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of an October 30th, 2006 story from the Israeli news service Ynet about pro-Israel comments made by Canada’s Foreign Minister Peter MacKay, who said a threat on Israel means a threat on Canada.
Here is an audio file of this show: