- May 21st – Israeli forces have killed 36 Palestinians, including 18 civilians in six days of aerial attacks; Palestinian Centre for Human Rights exposes Israeli policy of retaliations against the Palestinian civilian population.
- Israeli cabinet decides to “intensify its operations” in Gaza, just hours before its assassination attempt on a Palestinian MP that kills seven members of his family, including his 60-year-old father.
- May 20th – Israeli forces destroy a Palestinian orchard near Bethlehem, arresting 4 Israeli activists and roughing up the Palestinian Minister of Information.
- Palestinian groups adhere to the latest ceasefire to end internal clashes but many analysts say the solution is only temporary.
- Thousands flee a refugee camp in northern Lebanon as Lebanese troops bombard the camp in their fight with a little-known militant group
An instudio discussion featuring analysis about the internal Palestinian clashes in Gaza, the latest Israeli attacks on Gaza and the developing crisis in the Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon. The collective discussed how the latest “internal ceasefire” in Gaza was tenuous at best and how external forces were exploiting the situation. It was pointed out that the ongoing economic siege on Gaza had contributed to the deteriorating situation. The panel also talked about the bombardment of the camp in Lebanon and how Palestinian refugees are in a vulnerable position in various Arab countries, and this is why they insist on the right of return and an independent Palestinian state.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a May 22nd, 2007 Reporters Without Borders release, condemning Israeli army raids on Palestinian TV and radio stations in Nablus.
Here is an audio file of this show: