- Israeli forces launch military invasion into Nablus refugee camps, resulting in one Palestinian and one Israeli soldier being killed.
- Israeli forces kill 16-year-old in Ramallah and leave him to bleed to death, refusing him medical aid.
- Mahmoud Abbas says he will not attend the regional November summit unless there will be an Agreement of Principles.
- Israeli Palestinian leaders announce plants to boycott Israel’s El Al airlines due to harassment of Arab passengers.
- There was a special commentary to mark the 25th anniversary of the massacre at the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps in Beirut, Lebanon. Download that commentary here.
The feature was a live interview with Professor Joel Kovel from New York, who was coming to Vancouver to make two presentations, one entitled “Overcoming Zionism”. Prof. Kovel spoke about his new book of the same name and how he had come to the conclusion that the Zionist project of an exclusive Jewish state was damaging to the Jewish people, as well as the Palestinians. Kovel also detailed how there had been pressure to stop publication of his book and called on people to support the boycott campaign against Israel.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a Sept. 17th, 2007 article in the Israeli Haaretz newspaper about how an American appeals court dismissed the lawsuit against Caterpillar bulldozers because a court could not criticize or question U.S. foreign policy.