- Palestinian negotiators call for freeze on Israeli settlements after Israel issues a tender for more settlement construction in “Har Homa”.
- EU criticizes the Israeli settlement expansion in occupied Palestinian territory.
- Israeli human rights groups support the call to end the siege on Gaza, as the Israeli blockade intensifies.
- Seriously ill Palestinian baby boy is dying in a Gaza hospital due to the Israeli siege, according to his paediatrician Dr. Shakat.
- 6 Palestinians killed and 19 wounded during Israeli ground attack near Rafah.
- Saudi Arabia and Egypt push for talks between Hamas and Fateh, to resolve the rift between the Palestinian groups.
Another in our series of Eyewitness Palestine, Eyewitness Gaza, detailing the horrific conditions for the Palestinian population suffering under the Israeli blockade. The first report was from the Palestinian Medical Relief Society, a respected Palestinian NGO, that talked about the impact on health care and the unnecessary deaths of patients because of the Israeli siege. They condemned this “massive violation of international law” and the silence of the international community. The second report was carried on http://www.electronicintifada.net and highlighted statements from the World Food Program that said only 41% of Gaza’s food import needs are being met.
Focus on Zionism:
Excerpts of a Dec. 10th, 2007 report from the International Solidarity Movement about the constant Israeli raids into the village of Azzoun, which village leaders feel is a pretext to seal Azzoun off and annex more land.
Here is an audio file of this show: