- UN demands an investigation into the killing of one of its Palestinian teachers by the Israeli military; Israeli soldiers blasted down the front door of an UNRWA teacher’s home with explosives, killing her immediately in the presence of her 3 children.
- Israeli police interrogate advisors to Mahmoud Abbas and Salam Fayyad in Jerusalem.
- Al Nakba commemorations take place around the world, and all over Palestine; 1500 people march in Hebron to mark the 60 years of dispossession by Israel and also to criticize the appointed Palestinian Authority in the West Bank for food shortages.
- In Vancouver and many other cities, progressive Jews join the Nakba protests; in Seattle and Los Angeles, many are arrested or physically escorted out of Israel at 60 events.
- A new winery is being built by Israeli settlers in an illegal settlement outpost that the Israeli government previously promised to dismantle.
A live interview from Palestine with Muhammed Jaradat, the Coordinator of Badil Refugee Rights Campaign, headquartered in Bethlehem. Muhammed talked about his organization Badil and its work advocating for Palestinian refugees (www.badil.org). He also detailed events of the Nakba and how the dispossession of the Palestinians began long before the state of Israel was officially created. Muhammed concluded by calling on people to support the growing boycott Israel movement.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a May 11th, 2008 report from the Arab Association for Human Rights, entitled Ethnic Cleansing Continues in Jaffa, that was carried on the Electronic Intifada.
Here is an audio file of this show: