- As world attention is focused on the U.S. election, Israeli land and air strikes in Gaza kill at least 6 Palestinians.
- International volunteers join local Palestinians to defend a home under attack by Israeli settlers in Hebron/AlKhalil.
- Israeli military intelligence chief warns extremist settlers may become more violent as Israeli government votes to end all support for “illegal outposts”.
- Settlers have clashed with Israeli security forces several times in the last week and have vowed to continue their campaign.
- A new report shows that Palestinian farmers were attacked 33 times in October during the olive harvest, from both settlers and Israeli soldiers.
- Spanish activists join the Boycott Israel movement and target transport company Veolia that is helping to build the Jerusalem light train.
A special Eyewitness Palestine that highlighted two reports, one from the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights entitled “Blood on Their Hands” and the other a report by a volunteer with the World Council of Churches about the situation in Yanoun. The PCHR report talked about how they were launching an investigation into the Israeli military killings of 80 Palestinian kids from June 2007 to June 2008. The second report detailed how the village of Yanoun had been terrorized and emptied by violent settlers, and how the villagers had only been able to return under the protection of international peace volunteers.
Focus on Zionism:
Excerpts of an article in the Nov. 2nd, 2008 Israeli Haaretz paper about how a Palestinian Israeli student leader at Hebrew Univ. was apprehended by university security for refusing to shake Shimon Peres’ hand.
Here is an audio file of this show: