- Israel okays 900 more settler housing units in the “Gilo” settlement established on Palestinian land from Beit Jala village.
- Israeli settlers continue to harass Palestinians near Hebron/AlKhalil.
- EU will not back recognition of a Palestinian state at the UN Security Council.
- Palestinian leaders dismiss Israeli threats to seize more territory if they continue with moves at the UN to seek statehood recognition, with Dr. Mustafa Bargouthi saying there’s no more territory left to occupy.
- A new British documentary highlights the powerful pro-Israel lobby in the UK.
A live interview with Ms. Huwaida Arraf, a cofounder of the Int’l. Solidarity Movement ISM and Chairperson of the Free Gaza movement, that was the first to break the siege on Gaza by boat. Huwaida talked about the efforts to send another flotilla, despite Israeli authorities grabbing their last boat in international waters and arresting all on board. She also detailed her recent trips to Palestine and updated us on the situation in Gaza and with the Israeli home demolitions in occupied East Jerusalem. Huwaida will be in Canada for a tour from November 23rd – 27th, culminating in a public meeting in Vancouver on November 27th.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a Nov. 17th, 2009 story from the Maan News Agency, about a Palestinian woman who was detained and taken to an Israeli prison because she refused to remove her clothes in front of Israeli soldiers at a checkpoint.
Here is an audio file of this show: