- Turkey’s PM has repeated the call for an independent international inquiry into Israel’s deadly assault on the Gaza aid flotilla.
- Egyptian officials declare the blockade on Gaza a failure and open the Rafah border.
- The parents of Rachel Corrie pay tribute to those who attempted to break Israel’s naval blockade on the ship named in Rachel’s honor.
- Israeli army delivers eviction orders to five Palestinian families in the Tubas area of the occupied Jordan Valley, which will leave more than 50 Palestinians homeless.
- 52-year-old Palestinian mother of nine is run over by Israeli settlers and later dies; eyewitnesses who saw the incident suspect that it was done intentionally.
A live interview with Hadani Ditmars, the co-editor of the New Internationalist magazine. Hadani recently returned from a trip to Iraq and was introducing the latest edition of the NI entitled “Iraq 7 years later -the legacy of invasion”, which offers indepth analysis and Hadani’s own photos from the trip. She mentioned two upcoming events, one in Vancouver and another in Toronto cosponsored by Rabble, to talk about the new NI issue and her experiences in Iraq. Hadani also detailed some entries in her NI blog, entitled Canada and Israel, emphasizing the failure of both the Canadian media and politicians to question Israeli government actions.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a June 4th, 2010 news dispatch from Stopthewall.org detailing how Israeli settlers set fire to hundreds of acres of Palestinian agricultural land south of Nablus.
Here is an audio file of this show: