- Human Rights Watch says Israel has violated international law by
systematically destroying Palestinian homes; group calls on Caterpillar to
stop selling bulldozers to Israeli military.
- Israeli army clears the commander that repeatedly fired into the lifeless
body of a 13-year-old Palestinian girl; claims he had not “acted
- Oct. 18th – four Palestinians killed and a fifth dies from previous wounds;
Israel’s invasion into northern Gaza killed almost 140 Palestinians and
- Oct. 18th – U.S Presbyterian Church calls on Israel to end its occupation of
Palestinian land and renews the possibility of divestment from companies
dealing with Israel.
- Oct. 17th – huge demo in London protests against the Iraq war, as Britain redeploys its troops in Iraq at U.S. request.
A live interview with Dr. Ismail Zayid, a Palestinian Canadian from Halifax,
to talk about Canadian foreign policy on the Middle East. Dr. Zayid is a
long-time activist and pointed out that the perceived shift in Canadian
policy (as reported in the Globe and Mail) to a more pro-Israel stance is
actually only an acceleration in an already biased stance. He also talked
about the support work in Halifax and its development over the recent years.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a report by a South African-born doctor, carried on Znet,
about the Israeli assault on Palestinian health care. The report spoke
about the consequences of the apartheid wall on the Palestinian health
system and gave one example of how a doctor was forced to exam and treat a
sick Palestinian girl through the wires of the gate. For the full report,