- Israel’s foreign minister says Israel will reconsider its Gaza “pullout” if Hamas wins the Palestinian legislative elections; Ariel Sharon has already delayed the pullout by a month.
- Palestinian officials say Hamas must be included in the democratic process and this is part of the roadmap plan.
- May 6th – early results from Palestinian municipal elections showed Fateh leading, but with a very strong showing from Hamas.
- Disputes over the elections results and allegations of fraud have delayed the official announcement of the results.
- Palestinians injured in Jerusalem as the Israeli army attacks people protesting moves by Israeli extremist groups to damage Al Aqsa mosque.
- Ariel Sharon says Israel will not release any more Palestinian prisoners.
A live interview with Christopher Khoury in Chicago, the program coordinator of the Palestinian Film Festival in that city. Christopher spoke about the four-year history of the festival and the directors and films that were shown this year. He said the festival was very well received and attended by a diverse audience, and detailed some of the leading Palestinian directors and actors.
Visit their website at: www.PalestineFilmFest.com
Focus on Zionism:
One story from an update by Btselem, the Israeli human rights group, about how settler children in Hebron are allowed to terrorize a Palestinian woman and her family, despite the fact that Israeli soldiers have taken over her rooftop.