- Palestinian parliamentarian Hussam Khader has been illegally detained for over 2 years by Israel, as his hearings have been repeatedly postponed; there is now an international campaign to have him unconditionally released.
- Israeli soldier that murdered British student Tom Hurndall found guilty of manslaughter.
- Tom’s younger brother was detained at Israeli airport as a “security risk” and his mother said, “so much remains unexposed”.
- June 28th – U.S. is considering giving Israel an extra $1 billion in “post-Gaza disengagement” aid to develop the Negev and Galilee, in contrast to no “post-disengagement” aid so far to the Palestinian Authority.
- Anglican churches expect to adopt campaign to divest from companies investing in Israeli occupation, similar to what the U.S. Presbyterian Church is already doing.
A live interview with Dr. Annie Higgins, from Chicago, about her recent trips to Palestinian refugee camps in the West Bank, as well as in Lebanon and Syria. Annie spoke about the hardships of daily life in the camps, in particular the Jenin camp, which she volunteered in just after the Israeli invasion of 2002. She also noted the spirit of resilience of the Palestinians in these camps and the connection of Palestinians to their land and the right of return.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a commentary in The Guardian, June 28th, 2005, about how the Israeli army has killed so many Palestinian civilians, including children, and how there has been no justice for the parents of those Palestinian children.
Here is an audio file of this show: