- Israeli police finally eject extremist settlers from two-month stay in a hotel in Gaza after some of them publicly lynch and stone a Palestinian teenager.
- Mahmoud Abbas reports that Fateh Central Committee agreed on real reforms after meeting in Jordan and that they are prepared to take control of Gaza.
- Islamic Jihad and Hamas will not join Palestinian unity government.
- Israeli and Palestinian officials agree in principle on a safe passage between Gaza and West Bank, either a rail or road link.
- Palestinian popular committees against the apartheid wall release statement on global activities to mark one-year anniversary of the ruling of the International Court of Justice.
- Representative of Vancouver committee www.stopthewall.ca reported live on the activities being planned here in town on the anniversary and on the shameful position of the Canadian government.
Excerpts of the commentary of Uri Avnery, leading Israeli peace activist and founder of Gush Shalom, on the recent actions of extremist settlers in Gaza. The article, entitled Arik’s Horror Show, explained how Ariel Sharon benefits from publicizing and dealing leniently with the behaviour of the settlers, as it allows him to justify keeping the major settlement blocs in the West Bank. www.gush-shalom.org
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of the June 30th, 2005 article by the Haaretz reporter that witnessed the lynching and stoning of the Palestinian teen by settler teenagers. Nir Hasson reported that it was a handful of the journalists who saved the Palestinian and that the settler youth even attacked them as they were dragging him away.
Here is an audio file of this show: