- Parents of the 12-year-old Palestinian killed by Israeli troops have donated their son’s organs for transplant as a peace gesture.
- Meetings continue regarding opening of the Rafah border crossing between Egypt and Gaza; Israel insisting on certain security conditions, including real-time surveillance cameras and powers for the EU observers.
- Ariel Sharon says if Hamas participates in Jan/2006 Palestinian elections, Israel will not hold joint meetings, will make it difficult for Hamas candidates to campaign freely, and will not ease restrictions on freedom of movement.
- Marwan Bargouthi, the imprisoned Palestinian legislator and Fateh leader, calls for an end to any internal dissension and also rejects the Israeli threats about Hamas’ role in elections.
- Italian TV news investigation says the U.S. used white phosphorous on innocent civilians, particularly in Fallujah.
An in studio discussion that marked the 1st anniversary of the death of Yasser Arafat and examined what had happened in the year that had passed. The discussion talked about the circumstances of Arafat’s death and how many analysts thought he had been poisoned. The panel also looked in detail at the worsening situation on the ground, both in the West Bank and Gaza, and then finished with an analysis of the internal Palestinian scene leading up to next year’s legislative elections.
Focus on Zionism:
Excerpts of an article in the Israeli Haaretz newspaper, entitled Demons in the Skies of the Gaza Strip. The Nov. 6th, 2005 article talked about the sonic boom collective punishment that the Israeli air force is inflicting on the Gazan civilian population.
Here is an audio file of this show: