- Apr 10th – Israeli artillery shells blast the Ghaban family home in northern Gaza, killing 8 year-old Hadeel and injuring her mom and 7 other family members.
- This year alone, 15 Palestinian kids have been killed in the occupied territories by the Israeli military.
- Thousands of Palestinians marched in Jenin, to mark the 4th anniversary of the Jenin massacre and the partial destruction of the refugee camp by Israeli forces in 2002.
- WHO warns that Palestinian health services face an acute crisis, due to Israeli sanctions and cuts in international aid.
- British attorney-general is called on to seek war crimes charges against five Israeli officers after a British inquest jury found that soldiers under their command intentionally killed British peace activist, Tom Hurndall in 2003.
Tom, a Vancouver activist with the International Solidarity Movement, (www.ism-vancouver.org) joined us in the studio to talk about his recent trip to Palestine. This was Tom’s second time volunteering in Palestine and he spoke about the profound impact both trips had on him. This time he had been in Hebron/AlKhalil and witnessed the aggressive brutality of the illegal settlers there. He also talked about the memorial action for Rachel Corrie that he had participated in.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of an April 10th, 2006 Guardian article about how Israeli was boycotting the inquest into the shooting death of Tom Hurndall.
Here is an audio file of this show: