- June 13th – Israel kills another nine Palestinians, including two children, in an air strike.
- June 9th – eight Palestinians picnicking on a Gaza beach were killed by Israeli fire, the youngest just one-year-old.
- June 11th – Palestinian human rights groups report new Israeli restrictions barring Palestinians carrying foreign passports from re-entering the West Bank; the new measures affect many college professors and long-time NGO employees.
- Palestinian legislature delays a vote on Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas’ referendum, now set for late July.
- Israel plans to build 54 new settler homes in the occupied West Bank.
A live interview with Steve Heinrichs, a member of the Christian Peacemakers Team, who recently returned from a trip to Palestine. Steve spent two weeks as an eyewitness to Israeli military and settler policies and talked about his experiences, especially in Hebron and Bethlehem. There was also discussion of the negative role played by Christian Zionists in maintaining and supporting Israeli occupation.
Focus on Zionism:
Excerpts of a June 13th, 2006 article in the Guardian about Israel’s attempt to evade responsibility for the killing of the Palestinian family on a Gaza beach, but how the testimony of a former Pentagon official sent to investigate by Human Rights Watch contradicts official Israeli conclusions.
Here is an audio file of this show: