- UN envoy John Dugard says Israel has turned Gaza into a prison for Palestinians where life is “intolerable…tragic”; he adds that the international community must take action.
- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas cancels unity meetings with Palestinian PM.
- Sept. 25th – Bilin villagers announce they will build a hotel on village land occupied by Israel.
- Israeli court refuses to connect Bedouin villages in the Negev to clean water sources.
- Israeli exports to Saudi Arabia rose 10% in the first half of 2006, and 12 Israeli companies have export relations with Saudi Arabia.
A cultural special highlighting the music of progressive American singer-songwriter David Rovics who was in concert in Vancouver on September 22. Four of Rovics’ songs about Palestine were played on air, three of which he performed at his concert: “They’re building a wall”, “I wanna go home”, “Jenin”, and “Palestine”. There was discussion about the profound impact and the international scope of his music and the panel also talked about his new CD, Haliburton: Boardroom Massacre.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a September 23rd, 2006 press release from the International Solidarity Movement about how Israeli soldiers stood by as young armed settlers attacked an elderly Palestinian couple, leaving the old man with a fractured bone in his calf.
Here is an audio file of this show: