- Nov. 19th – Israel hits U.N. school in Gaza and wounds two children, including a 7-year-old boy hit at his desk.
- Nov. 19th – a 75-year-old Palestinian man killed in Israeli airstrike on Gaza and nine injured, including four children.
- U.N. Human Rights Commissioner visits northern Gaza and tells Palestinians “the world has not abandoned them”.
- Israeli group Peace Now issues new report saying 40% of land on which Jewish settlements are built is private Palestinian land and calls it an “institutional land grab”.
- Palestinian groups agree to a mutual ceasefire if Israel stops attacks.
- Nov. 20th – Israeli newspaper Haaretz estimates Israel dropped 4 million cluster bomblets on Lebanon during the recent war and Israeli commander says the general staff authorized all targets.
A live interview with Tom, a member of the Vancouver chapter of the International Solidarity Movement ISM, who went to New York to see the play “My Name is Rachel Corrie”. Tom told us how moving the play was and how well received it was, despite Zionist pressure to first cancel it and then disrupt it. Tom also talked about the situation in Hebron/Alkhalil where he had volunteered earlier this year and updated us on an international volunteer who had just been assaulted there by settlers.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a Nov. 20th, 2006 press release by ISM Palestine about the denial of visa extensions to foreign passport holders living in the occupied Palestinian territories, be they family members of Palestinian ID holders, educators or NGO workers.