- U.N. top human rights body will hold special session to consider action against the gross Israeli human rights violations in Gaza.
- Nov. 12th – U.S. vetoes a U.N. Security Council condemning Israel’s killing of at least 19 Palestinian civilians as they slept in their Beit Hanoun home, including 7 children.
- Palestinian MP says Israel has increased the number of Palestinian prisoners it is holding; Issa Qaraqe said there are over 10,000 Palestinian political prisoners in Israeli jails.
- Hamas and Fateh continue unity talks and agree on a candidate, Mohammed Shabir, for the next prime minister.
- Nov. 13th – Israeli human rights group Btselem calls for investigation of reports that Israeli army executed wounded and unarmed Palestinians after arresting them in Yamoun.
A live interview with Palestinian-American author and activist, Ali Abunimah. Ali is the cofounder of the Electronic Intifada and recently published a book on the Palestinian issue called One Country. He explained that the book details why a single democratic and secular state is the only viable solution to the Palestine/Israel conflict. He also spoke about recent atrocities in Gaza, and the letter he sent to the Swiss government, calling on them to take action under the Geneva Conventions against Israel’s war crimes.
Focus on Zionism:
Excerpts of an article in the Nov. 13th, 2006 Israeli newspaper Haaretz detailing the horrors of the Palestinian family that was shelled in Beit Hanoun by the Israeli military.
Here is an audio file of this show: