- Palestinian PM calls again for an end to the internal fighting in Gaza, as both Hamas and Fateh agree to go to Saudi Arabia for a truce summit.
- Russian foreign minister accuses outside forces of fuelling the factional Palestinian clashes.
- Israeli foreign minister says the “diplomatic process” will go into a deep freeze if Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas reaches agreement with Hamas.
- Palestinian suicide bomber kills three people in the first such attack since Aprilth, 2006.
- Human Rights Watch calls for U.S. to cut off cluster bomb sales to Israel after new report shows Israel violated agreements; HRW says Israel’s use of cluster bombs in Lebanon was the most extensive since 1991.
A live interview with Keith Reynolds, a Canadian peace activist recently returned from a trip to Palestine. Keith works with Medical Aid for Palestine and talked about his project building playgrounds for Palestinian children. He also discussed what he saw and heard on his trip, in Jenin, Bethlehem and other towns, and described the worsening situation for the Palestinian population. Keith attended the weekly demos in the village of B’ilin and spoke about the violent response of the Israeli military in dealing with the protestors, be they Palestinians, Israelis or internationals.
Focus on Zionism:
Focus included two updates on the global Boycott Israel movement; firstly, how an Ontario Council was honouring the boycott against Chapters/Indigo for their support of the Israeli military and secondly, part of the press release from the Food and Allied Workers in S. Africa explaining their boycott of Israeli products.
Here is an audio file of this show: