- Jan. 19th – Abir Aramin, 10 years old, from Anata is declared brain dead after being attacked by Israeli border police on her way home from school.
- Israeli military admits that the 44 “dirt roadblocks” it claimed to have recently removed did not actually exist.
- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and Hamas leader Khalid Meshal meet in Damascus, to focus on ending factional clashes and try to form a unity government.
- Canadian foreign minister Peter MacKay makes four day visit to the Middle East, and holds joint press conference with Israeli foreign minister in which he seems to endorse abandoning right of return for Palestinians; MacKay also visits Aida refugee camp and says he has concerns over the route of the separation wall.
- MacKay snubs Palestinian foreign minister, who says Canada is at risk of becoming an enemy of the Palestinian and Arab people by participating in the economic boycott.
A live interview with Khalid Amayreh, a Palestinian journalist from Hebron/AlKhalil. After several attempts, the show was able to finally hook up with Amayreh, who gave an impassioned description of the horrific day-to-day situation of the Palestinians in the area. The settler attacks on the Palestinian civilian population have been well documented, including with a recent amateur video, and the negligence of the Israeli military towards these attacks is also an issue. Khalid was sceptical of the belated response from the Israeli establishment, who are now claiming they want to protect Palestinians, saying they had heard all this before and the situation keeps getting worse.
Focus on Zionism:
Excerpts of a Jan. 21st, 2007 report about a family in Hebron whose living room is literally being used as a pathway by the racist settlers in the area.
Here is an audio file of this show: