- Israeli forces stormed East Jerusalem’s Shufat refugee camp in the middle of the night and told 300 Palestinians they had 2 weeks to leave their homes.
- Rescue efforts continue in northern Gaza after the sewage flood that killed 5 people; eleven Palestinians are still missing and 250 homes were damaged.
- Leaders of Christian churches in Jerusalem release an Easter message, urging Christians around the world to help end the economic embargo on the Palestinians.
- Palestinian cabinet minister Mustafa Bargouthi says Canada risks isolation after government officials refused to meet with him; Dr. Bargouthi, an independent who is the new Palestinian information minister and has met with Canadian officials many times before, said Canada could end up standing alone with Israel.
- Canadian MPs announce the formation of the Canada Palestine Parliamentary Association that will help “ensure Canada’s foreign policy…is in the best interests of the Palestinian people”.
The third annual Palestine Lives conference was held at McMaster University in Hamilton on March 31st, 2007. The conference, sponsored by Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights SPHR, brought together a wealth of informed speakers from across Canada. Highlights of the presentation by Prof. David Noble from York University entitled “Repression against Palestine Solidarity Organizing”, in which he talked about his lawsuit against the university in regards to the influence of the Israeli lobby, were played.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of the Btselem March 28th, 2007 report about the new settlement being established in Hebron and calling for its evacuation.
Here is an audio file of this show: