- Amnesty Int’l. says Israel’s separation wall should be torn down and it has caused death and suffering for Palestinians.
- Bethlehem residents protest at an Israeli checkpoint, as part of a week of activities to mark the 40th anniversary of Israel’s occupation of Arab lands.
- Israel sends ground troops and tanks about a kilometre into Gaza.
- Israeli snipers kill two Palestinian children who were scavenging building materials in a former Israeli settlement; the 12-year-old boys wanted to get food for their families.
- Israeli Peace Now group demonstrates in Hebron/Alkhalil and calls for the removal of all Jewish settlers.
- Palestinian government endorses plan for ceasefire with Israel but Israeli PM rejects it.
An interview with Palestinian writer and intellectual, Dr. Nasser Aruri, about the 1967 war and the subsequent occupation by Israel of Palestinian and Arab land. Dr. Aruri talked about the historical context of the war and what were the future prospects for peace. Dr. Aruri was scheduled to speak at a public meeting in Vancouver as part of a week of local activities marking the 40th anniversary of the Israeli occupation.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of an article by Palestinian American writer Ali Abunimah about recent racist statements by Israel’s former Sephardic Chief Rabbi, who had said there was “no moral prohibition against the indiscriminate killing of civilians…”.
Here is an audio file of this show: