- Appointed Palestinian Authority cabinet will pay full salaries to government workers, but excludes those hired by the previous elected government since 2006.
- Senior Fateh official and adviser of Mahmoud Abbas, Hani al Hassan, is “fired” for criticizing the collaborators within the Fateh leadership that are serving American and Israeli interests.
- Israeli troops carry out 248 attacks against Palestinian Red Crescent personnel in the first half of 2007.
- Israeli and Palestinian security officials meet for the first time in 2 years, as the appointed Palestinian government arrests and detains dozens of Hamas members.
- United Nations Human Rights Council votes to make Israel’s actions a permanent agenda item, with the sole dissenting vote coming from Canada.
A live interview with Dr. Amani Abu Rahmeh from Gaza, a member of the One Democratic State Association and the National Campaign for the Boycott of Apartheid Israel. Dr. Abu Rahmeh spoke about the failure of the Oslo process and how it had been a disaster for the Palestinian people, both in Palestine and in diaspora. She updated us on the current situation and confirmed that some PA workers were not receiving their salaries based on supposed “political loyalties”. She also explained how desperate living conditions in Gaza were becoming, and called on people to support the international boycott movement against Israel.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a July 2nd, 2007 Haaretz article about how Mordecai Vanunu, the Israeli anti-nuclear activist, is returned to jail for six months for “violating his parole”, which bans him from leaving the country and talking to any foreigners without approval.
Here is an audio file of this show: