- Palestinian NGO, Al Haq, calls for investigation into the Israeli settler killing of a young Palestinian man near Ramallah on May 9th.
- International investors arrive in Bethlehem for investment conference, as Tony Blair promises easing of checkpoints in West Bank; many Palestinian NGOs are sceptical and say the conference is just another attempt at “normalizing the occupation”.
- Two groups representing Palestinian citizens of Israel will sue the Israeli government for attacking an alNakba rally.
- Arab media reports that PA officials criticize speech of George Bush to the Israeli Knesset and Mahmoud Abbas concludes peace talks have failed, after receiving European reports that the U.S. government would not exert pressure on Israel.
- Israeli officials are holding talks with Hamas, as France also confirms its has had indirect talks with the Palestinian group.
A live interview with Carolle Charlebois Nakleh from Montreal about the Palestinian Child Sponsorship Program she is involved with. Carolle spoke about the Canadian Palestinian Foundation of Quebec, the organization that runs the program, who the partner groups in Palestine are, including Inash al Usra near Ramallah, and how the Palestinian children and their families are helped. Carolle concluded by telling us about her trip to Palestine with her family in 2006 and calling on listeners to go to the CPFQ website if they would like to sponsor a child.
Focus on Zionism:
Highlights of a May 20th, 2008 release from the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights documenting the continued practice of Israeli extra-judicial executions of Palestinians.
Here is an audio file of this show: