- As olive harvest continues, Israeli military and settlers attack Palestinian farmers in village of Kafr Qadum.
- British environmentalist jailed by Israeli forces after being seized on the sidelines of settler rally in Beit Sahour near Bethlehem.
- UNRWA director calls for immediate end to Israeli blockade on Gaza.
- Egypt hands over draft plan for Palestinian national unity, with a meeting set for next month in Cairo.
- Palestinian officials say new Israeli government interest in regional peace is an effort to avoid obligations under the current bilateral talks.
A conversation with Mohammed Boudjenane, the executive director of the Canadian Arab Federation, about the new report just released on the torture of Arab Canadians abroad and the complicity of Canadian government departments in that torture. Mohammed talked about the three men who had been wrongfully arrested and tortured in Syria and Egypt (similar to Mahed Arar) and how Canadian security agencies had played a pivotal role in those shameful events. There was discussion about how this fits into the context of racial profiling that occurs on a daily basis here in Canada, and what the response of the Arab Canadian community and its leaders should be.
Focus on Zionism:
Excerpts of an Oct. 21st, 2008 interview, carried on Stopthewall.org with the Al Masra coordinator of the Anti-apartheid Wall Campaign, that detailed the obstacles Palestinian farmers were facing.
Here is an audio file of this show: