- The Palestinian death toll in Gaza is close to 1000, with over 4000 wounded, as the Israeli military continues its indiscriminate attacks.
- Two Norwegian doctors say they suspect Gaza is being used as a “test laboratory for new weapons”, after working in Shifa Hospital for 10 days.
- Canadian activists condemn the Canadian government position to vote against the UN Human Rights Council motion calling for an end to the Israeli assault on Gaza.
- At least 10 young Israeli soldiers have refused their military service and are going to jail for their conscientious stand.
- Israeli politician Avigdor Lieberman, leader of Israel Beiteinu party, says Israel should copy the U.S. in WW11 and drop nuclear bombs.
An interview direct from Gaza City with Adnan Abu Hasna, a spokesperson for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency UNRWA. Adnan briefed us about the horrific situation in Gaza, the attacks on UN personnel and the suffering of the Palestinian population. He also detailed how the majority of Gaza’s people are 1948 refugees, and have already been traumatized several times over. Adnan concluded by calling on people to assist the Palestinians with material aid, but also to help the Palestinian refugees attain their inalienable rights.
Focus on Zionism:
A moving account by a young Palestinian in Jabalya Refugee Camp in Gaza, distributed on January 13th by the Middle East Childrens Alliance.